450: SEEING BIGGER
The SporTop version of the 450 allows boaters who wish to enjoy the comfort of a catamaran of 45 feet in a more conventional version, with a helm post on bulkhead in place of the flybridge.
The cabin-top design creates a more elegant and punchier roof outline.
A large sunbathing area on the cabintop
The sail areas are the same with the FlyBridge version. However, the lower mast and boom:
- reduces pitching
- makes the boom easier to access
- in terms of accommodation
- deck areas
- performancethe cabintop bulkhead fitted steering position fitted on the cabin-top aft bulkhead includes the following:
- all maneuvers
- integrated large helm station seat
- access from the cockpit and the deck
- an optional extra safety system is also offered, with a tilting composite beam (optional) to close off the steering station in bad weather
- a composite bimini above steering area is available as an option
Interior design by Nauta: elegance and functionality.
Saloon and cabins exceptionally well lit.
Natural light in cabins thanks to large glazed panels on hulls.
Truly luxurious owner's cabin.
Comfortable guest cabins with a side access to the double bed.
"U"-shaped galley for greater comfort at sea, equipped with large hot plates, broad work space and plenty of storage.
Optimization of the access between the cockpit and the galley.
Engine compartments remote from the living areas and perfectly insulated.
« 19 days! Maybe not a "Route du Rhum" time, but nevertheless a very creditable performance for a voyage from La Rochelle to Pointe à Pitre (3477 miles) in a strictly standard Lagoon 450." »
Jean-François Tanguy, professional skipper - February 2011
« The sailplan gives the boat enough power to remain fast and dynamic in a wind of less than 10 knots. »
Multicoques magazine, FR / Multihulls World, UK-January 2011